I strongly believe in the democratization of knowledge, which can only be achieved if knowledge is accessible and understandable.
My purpose is to promote the work of Scientists and Researchers so that the knowledge they generate transcends inside and outside the academic environment. I also work to make ideas and new knowledge more accessible and easily understood, bringing them closer to society.
3 things I can do for you
Enhance your digital footprint. Helping you to make your work more visible and accesible. Providing you with the tools you need and that are at your fingertips, saving you time, money and effort.
Promote the introduction of visual communication elements for the transference of ideas, information and knowledge, making them more attractive, easy to understand and difficult to forget.
Highlight the value of your work. Making yourself known is the first step to improve the reputation and positioning of scientists and researchers, inside and outside the academic world.
... and this is how we will do it:
Objective-oriented web design. I will give you a website that will help you to fulfill your purpose, and help you to spread your project.
Thematic mapping and spatial data visualization. Presenting information on a map will help you give it context, relate data and draw new conclusions.
Presentation and Data visualization. Using visual communication tools and methods I will help you to present your ideas and data favoring an agile understanding, to think better and communicate more. “A picture tells more than a thousand words“, we all know that, but few really put it into practice.
you may be wondering...
Who am I and why can I help you?
When I am asked what I do for a living, I say very clearly “I am a researcher”. Researching and always learning something new is my philosophy of life.
My name is Jorgelina Gutiérrez, I am a Biologist and PhD in Biology specialized in landscape ecology and spatial analysis. I have been in the academic field for 15 years, working in different research groups and interacting with researchers from different disciplines.
What I like most about my career is being able to support researchers and research projects. Helping them to follow the most appropriate way and providing them with the tools and data they need to achieve their goals.
A few years ago I started learning digital marketing and web design with one goal in mind, to launch my own bussiness, which had nothing to do with my scientific career. It didn’t take me long to realize that they are not only useful tools for companies and entrepreneurs. But they also have a great potential to contribute to the dissemination of knowledge and help scientists and researchers to advance their work and improve their reputation.
Bingo! I had found a way to link my two passions, research and design, and also be able to contribute to a greater purpose.
Now I am working to apply everything I have learned to help scientists and researchers to make visible the work they do with so much effort, which is often not sufficiently known or valued.
Do you want to know more? I'll tell you 10 curious things about me
1. Curiosity and creativity are in my genes. I am an eternal learner. The more things I learn, the more I feel I still have a lot to learn.
2. Very introverted from the very beginning, determined to break that barrier. Chronic perfectionist. Recovering procrastinator. It is said that these two qualities are often closely related.
3. When I get an idea in my head, there is no one to take me away from it, except myself when another new idea crosses my mind. And that’s how I go through life.
4. I love making things with my own hands. Especially when it comes to fabrics and yarn.
5. My favorite phrase is “If you don’t like where you are, move. You’re not a tree,” and I have it tattooed on me. I love tattoos.
6. I don’t go anywhere without first looking at a map. Google Maps is my best friend for going almost anywhere.
7. I have visual intelligence and a poor memory. I fill my notes with graphs, icons and colors, it’s my way to better understand and remember.
8. When I finished school I hesitated a lot between studying film or biology. You know which one won the battle..
9. I once read that “you can be anything you want in life, and in any order you choose”. And I took it very seriously.
10. I don’t like verbose people because I lose the thread of the conversation very quickly. I like things that are clear, simple and to the point.